Nupur Dance Group Inc. was established in 1992 in Sydneyto promote new and artistic forms of classical Indian fused with contemporary style of dancing. With its ever growing popularity Nupur has had the opportunity to perform all over Australiain cities such as Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Darwinand due to public demand Nupur has also had the opportunity to perform abroad in cities such as Cologne, Dusseldorfand Shanghai.
To highlight some of Nupur Dance Group’s achievements, outlined below is a list of events Nupur have participated in:
- Australian Dance Festival 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015
- NSW Cricket Launch Function at Shangri La Hotel Sydney 2011
- Imran Khan 2011 Sydney Concert at Luna Park
- AR Rahman Sydney Festival Concert 2010
- Appeared on the Kerri-Anne Show 2008
- Sydney Travel Expo Darling Harbour Convention Centre 2008
- Daler Mehendi (King of Bhangra) Concert 2009
- Foxtel promotion ‘Aussie Goes to Bollywood’ featuring Tanya Zaetta 2007’
- St Lucy’s Charity Ball at the Dolton House 2007
- Doctor’s Convention Sydney 2007
- Polo game India vs. Australia 2006
- Zee TV (Full Circle) show 2006
- Opening of NSW Art Gallery exhibition (Goddesses of India) 2006
- Easter Show 2006
- Launch of Mystic India at Imax 2006
- Launch of Australia/India Business Counsel at Telstra Stadium 2006
- Hosted, directed and performed Nupur Dance Group’s annual event Shaabd Saaz Awaaz (creative dance drama) in 2005 which involved working with a cast of 70 performers.
- Food Festival at Hotel Boulevard 2005
- Food Festival at Swiss Grand Hotel Bondi 2004
- Launch of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Australia at Shereton Hotel 2003
- ABC studio multicultural event at the Opera House in 2002.
- Performed at Vision Asia, Star Plus TV launch 2002.
- Was selected to be the Indian representation for the annual Carnivale event held from the year 2000-2003.
- Casted in renowned singer of Sydney Pupinder Mintu’s song clip in 2002.
- Casted in MTV Bollywood song clip produced and directed by Joy Augustine (director of Tere Mere Sapne) 2002.
- Diesel launch of new line of clothing inspired by the Indian heritage, hosted at the Museum of Contemporary Arts 2002.
- Casted in Telegu movie (Adi) song clip in 2001.
- Performed at Bally Sagoo’s (international bhangra artist from the UK) first Sydney concert in 2001.
- Performed at Apache Indian’s (international reggae artist from the UK) first Sydney concert in 2001.
- Representing Asia in the Opening Ceremony of 2000 Sydney Olympics
- Performed at the Belvoir Street Theatre, show oraganised by Eastern music in association with ABC Studios in 1998.
Such achievements have attracted a lot of attention from the media and Nupur Dance Group’s performances have been show cased on numerous channels such as SBS, ABC, channel 31, Zee TV (Full Circle) and local newspapers i.e. Sun Herald, Indian Down Under, Indian Link to name a few.
In addition to these achievements, Nupur also believes in giving back to the community and have hosted many charity events in support of organisations such as Fred Hollows Foundation, Asthma Foundation, and the Cancer Council to name a few.